Friday, January 28, 2011

That Could Have Gone Better

I would list just how many different ways it could have gone better, but then I’d be here typing for the next several years, and I don’t want that.

It didn’t take me long after seeing Slender Man outside for me to decide that the best possible course of action would be to grab my knife, run out there, and charge blindly at him. What was the worst that could happen?
So there I was, running across the street towards the tall suited faceless guy whilst waving a knife. I jumped forward to tackle him…. And succeed in doing so, knocking him to the ground. Except the person whom I’d pinned to the ground was no longer Slender Man, but some random guy who began to scream in terror because he had just been attacked by a man with a knife. Publicly attacked him, I should add. There was quite the combination of shock and panic around us, as all the folk who had come to the river for some nice relaxation saw what they assumed to be attempted murder. There was little I could say which would remedy the situation (“Sorry about that, I was trying to stab the faceless monster and got you instead?”) so I go the hell out of there.

I don’t get it. He looked just like Slender Man, up until the point when I touched him. Even the style of walking, and the occasional tilt of the head. I know…. I mean, I’m pretty sure that he can’t change into people (I guess it would be foolish to claim certain knowledge on anything relating to him), but the alternative is that he’s manipulating my mind, which is a thought I abhor.

I’m typing this from a school computer; I don’t want to go back to my apartment yet. Right now, my chances of being arrested are completely in Javert’s hands. This isn’t me killing some proxy in the middle of the night with no one around; I attacked someone not related to Slender Man at all, in broad daylight, in front of at least a dozen people. No one could complain if he just walked right up and cuffed me. Initiative has fallen to their side; all I can do now is prepare to counter whatever action they take against me.

To be honest, when I realized what I had just done, I almost did stab the guy anyways. After all, it wasn’t like I was going to be even more screwed over. At this point, being arrested has become the equivalent of execution by Slender, no matter whether the charge is assault or manslaughter. But instead I ran; perhaps I still have a shred of optimism left in me that wants to at least kill Javert, maybe even Slendy to, before this is over.

Previous/Next

1 comment:

  1. He seems to have forgotten that a cornered beast is extremley dangerous. Sucks for Him.

    ReplyDelete